Sunday, November 14, 2010

Squirrel, Birds, Staining & Cosby

I have an on going Love-Hate relationship with nature. I love nature until it inconveniences me. Take for example, the common squirrel. These adorable arboreal rodents are playful and fun to watch. The are smart and with some work, you can get them to take peanuts out of your hand.


They have fabulously sharp and useful teeth with which they are able to chew the shit out of only the most expensive pieces of trim on your house.

And so I often wonder why I go out and buy unsalted peanuts for the little varmints. Additionally, I buy bird seed. This puts a whole flock of sparrows in the vicinity of our cars so they can be the receivers of the processed bird seed.


Below is a picture of the feeding area. Notice the area below the bird feeder. It is clear of any leaves. If I could locate bird feeders at several strategic points around the yard, i wouldn't have any leaves to worry about. My only concern wold be keeping 35 bird feeders filled with seed.

Sunday was a great day for us. We got up and went to church. Afterwards, we returned home to change and then went downtown to the local Chili's for lunch. We took our time eating and reading the Sunday paper.

Then at just before two o'clock, we trundled down to the Opera House and enjoyed an hour and a half chat with Bill Cosby. I had heard parts of his routine before but it was still fun to see him. He won't be around forever and I wanted to see him one last time. Besides, I'll probably die before he will.

We came home and tried to be productive. With most of the day behind us, that was a tough order but we actually accomplished a couple of things.

I have the Carriage House cleaned out and I did a little organizing in there in preparation for some staining we need to do. We are ready to put the trim up in the entryway but the trim is not ready for us.

So, in the next few days, we will be staining. I have a lot of experience with staining. Have you seen my clothes?

No comments: