Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Ice Dams & Painting

Last night we got through our fourth sky walk. This was a big one and we worked until eleven. We got home and I wasted no time getting to bed.

We got a late start because of the roof. It's the worst place on the house for ice dams. I bought some heat cable and put on my big snow suit and struggled to get up and over the roof. It must have looked hilarious.
I got up there and began laying out the heat cable. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring up the little clips that attach to the shingles and keep the cable taught. So I just had to lay it out and waited it down with a big chisel I brought up to break up the ice.

It is essentially in place and it seems to be working. At least, it seems to be on. I'm not sure yet whether this will work. One thing is for sure, it looks attractive!

No comments: