Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Iowa 27 Missou 24

We have cats! Four of em. They are a wonderful addition to our lives, bringing joy and adventure to everything they do. -Or- They are over fed barfing balls of fur that totally complicate everything we do. Pick your favorite.

I got home tonight and my first job is to feed the cats. Their first job is to remind me of my first job. They are usually all there waiting for their dish to be presented. Tonight, Oscar was nowhere to be found. I called him from the front and back door. It was raining pretty hard so I figured he would be along anon.

Susan came in and asked if Oscar was at the door when I got home. I said I hadn't seen him yet and we began the search. A cat not showing up at dinner time is cause for concern.

My go to search spot for Oscar is under the front porch. I shined a flashlight under there and voila!...there he was. He didn't appear to be interested in coming in.

Well, eventually, I pulled the lattice of the side of the porch and crawled under there to flush him out. Remarkably, he let me grab him and carry him out. I thought maybe he was injured but that turned out to be untrue.

We think something freaked him out and scared him under there. I think it was the rain.

The forecasters are going crazy telling us that there is snow a-comin. Well, it is 10:45 PM and the temperature here at the house is 37 degrees. It is cooling and the rain is coming down pretty hard right now so I'm thinking they may be correct. Or, they may be covering their asses...which I think is more likely. I'm going to bed now and we'll see what the story is in the morning.

Iowa beat Missouri in the Insight Bowl tonight. Susan is pleased.

No comments: