Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Snow Day

I awoke to two wet, heavy, sloppy inches of snow and more coming down. I shoveled the area out to the cars and brushed the snow off our vehicles. There was no sense to snow blow since more is coming. I hate to leave my area un-blown throughout the day but sometimes you just have to accept your limitations.
The drive to work was fun this morning. It's the Holiday Season so traffic is a touch lighter than normal. But this heavy snow creates these really slushy berms in between lanes on the freeway and they can be a bit dicey when changing lanes.

1:30PM - The snow is still falling. It's still pretty wet. By now, I would guess we are looking at five inches on the ground...and it's still coming. It's gonna be some fun snow blowing when I get home.
I guess I had better realize that the forecasters that I deride so often have it right this time. The more in depth forecast says that it is going to get very cold in the next few days. So all this wet white snow is going to harden up soon and really be a bitch to deal with. I'll be doing a complete blow job tonight when I get home. Pictures to follow!

No comments: