Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas 2010

We have made it to Christmas. I'm glad it's here and almost in the history books. It has become a very stressful time of year and that stress is all self inflicted. Both Susan and I do stupid things to add to the stress. I swear to the Lord on high, I'm going to start buying Christmas gifts NOW. When I see something that makes me think that would be good for (Fill in the name), I'm going to buy it...even if I buy it on December 26th.

The only problem with that is I will lose it before Christmas comes around again.

We had a wonderful Christmas Eve day. Susan slept in and I woke up early and puttered around the various shopping emporiums until I had filled my bucket with the appropriate gifts.

At noon we went to church and followed that up by touring the Campbell House. It's a local turn of the century mansion that belongs to the museum. They decorate it up for Christmas and I thought it would be fun to go see it. We even coaxed our pastor and his wife to join us.

It's a very impressive house and it has been expertly restored.

We made it back home by three and lolled about until it was time to go to dinner. We attended the traditional family Christmas Eve Feast and had a great time and enjoyed a fabulous Prime Rib.

Just as we were preparing to head out the door, my friend Mike from Bellingham called and announced he was coming to town. We had spoke to him earlier in the week and he asked then if we could put him up. I said of course and he said he would let us know if he was coming.

We hadn't heard from him so we decided he probably wasn't coming. The late notice was no big deal other than making sure he got into the house okay with us gone.

Susan has been affected by her boss and caught his cold. She has been feeling crappy all day. We have pretty much taken it easy except that now she wants to prepare for our open house event we are having tomorrow. That means cleaning, cooking and ordering me about.

All in all, a good Christmas!

No comments: