Monday, December 13, 2010

Remodeled Shower Issue

About a month ago, the light in our two year old remodeled shower starting flashing off and on. It was intermittent and would be on, then go off for 30 seconds to a minute, then back on. Last week, it pretty much stayed off.

I haven't had a chance to look at it because of our painting schedule so I tore into it tonight. Now I clearly remember purchasing a light can that is made to go in a shower. When I opened it up, there was a lot of rust falling out of the can. The black wire attached from the light socket to a little relay mounted in the can had corroded loose. This is not a wire I had anything to do with while wiring the light so I am emphatically claiming this is not my fault. I believe I bought a cheap piece of Chinese shit. And THAT, is my fault!

I looked back through the blog to try and find out what I wrote about this light and it's installation and perhaps some pictures.

I learned a lot during my search. I was reminded that I walked out of the house to discover some ass wipe trying to steal Susan's car one late December night in 2007. I learned that the camera I replaced last month lasted me just over three years. I learned I have a lot more misspelled words in this thing that I like. And I learned I installed the shower light on December 19th, 2007. I did not say much about it that was helpful to my current problem and there were no pictures because my camera had broken and I complained about having to buy another.

So in this case, the Blog was not helpful. More my fault than the Blog's.

So we will not be using the shower for a couple of days while I fix this problem.You will note on the picture below that the black wire comes into the can on the left and attaches to the little metal block in the center. There is a little brown spot below the wire. That is where the wire attached to the socket corroded away from.

This is clear photographic evidence that I bought a piece of Chinese shit and it's NOT MY FAULT! Except for buying the piece of Chinese shit.

No comments: