Thursday, December 30, 2010

Last Snowstorm of Twenty-Ten

I got home last after about an hour on the road that would normally have taken about 20 minutes. After getting cats fed and beer open, I set about the task of snow blowing. At first I thought we had gotten about four inches but that was under a tree. When I got out into the middle of the driveway, there was easily se7en inches.

I had to narrow the swath of blowing destruction and slow the blower down a couple of gears so it took a little longer than normal. I think I was out there for two hours. But in the end, I was victorious and had a lot of snow replaced. I did a good portion of the street too.

The city announced they laid off six or seven employees on Christmas day (Merry Christmas, see ya later) and that meant snow plowing was going to take longer. I do not try to depend on the city for this kind of thing and so I took care of it. My little corner of the neighborhood, plus the sidewalks around the block, plus the alley are in good shape.

Here are some pictures.


Another thing I had to deal with last night was the Arbor Vitae. As I said, this was heavy snow and heavy snow is bad for tall shrubbery. Here's a picture of the Arbor Vitae after I had banged off about half of them.


Next, here is a picture to give a good depiction of the amount of snow we got since this morning.
Okay, that's it for me. I'm going in to enjoy an evening of television.

Hey! How's come the TV don't work!?!

No comments: