Monday, September 07, 2015

A Harbinger

I woke up this morning to another less than stellar day. That is, if your measure of value is a bright sunny end of summer day.

The main thing on the agenda for today is to attend the Spokane Symphony Labor Day Concert at Comstock Park. However, if the weather is going to be sketchy, I'm leaning toward bagging it and staying home.

That is not a very likely scenario because we haven't missed a Labrador Concert in...like...forever.

In any event, I prefer to look at the weather of this Holiday Weekend as a foreboding harbinger of the wicked winter to come. It's not like I'm having a premonition or psychic flash. I just prefer to think this way.

The coming months will bare out the flashiness of my mystical psychicness.

Later that day: The weather came around to favor us and we went to the Labor Concert. It is a tradition for Susan and I, one that nobody else who regularly attends with us, decided to keep this year. 

Everyone we invited to join us canceled on us today. I went up to the park at 3 to stake out some real estate and it turned out to be much much more than we needed.

As always it was a great event to be a part of...even if it was only Susan and I...and 3,000 other people. They breezed through their program and even deleted a couple of songs because of the chill. It's not good for some of the instruments. 

They usually do the same concert in Liberty Lake on Saturday but the weather was so bad they moved it to Sunday, and then canceled at the last moment on Sunday because of the cold conditions.

Now we are back at home at a decent hour and can wind down our Holiday weekend in front of the TV.


No comments: