Thursday, September 03, 2015

Heated Floor Day

I can't believe I have been talking about temperatures in the hundreds only a couple of weeks ago and now I am turning on my heat in the car in the morning.

Well, I shouldn't be surprised. It is September, afterall.

Today is the day that the heated floor gets installed. I'm taking the afternoon off because I want to be there and be a part of this installation. I would like to install a heated floor in my closet at some point and I want to know how it is done.

So I'm leaving work at noon and planning to meet Shaun at 1. Once the fun begins, I'll report on it here.

10:25AM: I just the call from Shaun to cancel for today. He is having some back issues (back pain) which has slowed him waaaay down and has to finish some other project that he is now behind on.

I'm still taking the afternoon off. I have plenty of things I can do.

7:35PM: Well, I think I had a successful afternoon off from work. I did a little cleaning in the Carriage House...not much, but enough to create some work space.

Then I mowed the lawn.

Then I did some work on the upstairs bathroom. The faucet on the bathroom sink has been a problem. I got underneath and discovered the hoses were pretty badly kinked. I had to clean out everything in the cabinet and pose in many uncomfortable positions but I got it done.

That felt like a major victory.

I then proceeded to play the piano for a while. 

Then I did some vacuuming upstairs.

I also began the process of filling the radiators with water. I had a fear that I had a small leak and it turned out to be true. 

The leak is very small and not in any of the radiators. The leak is in a connection to the main drain line from the water fill line. It appears to have some corrosion and a small rusty pin prick of a hole has developed.

I shall consult some of my construction experts to see how I should proceed.

No comments: