Sunday, September 06, 2015

Labrador Sunday

It is the Labrador Weekend which means that after a summer of looooooong stretches of stifling heat, it will rain. It is Day Two of the weekend and Day Two of the Rain.

No biggy to me because I'm working in of doors. I hooked up the thermostat for the heated floor and it in itself is quite cool. I have powered it up and it appears to be working. It has a full color touch pad display. It is programmable, which is something I wanted and it appears to be easy to use.

I have it set to heat up right now and I'm waiting to see if it is going to work. That is complicated by the fact that Phil is here working on the ceiling prior to placement of dry wall. The big panel is off the former doorway so the chilly air has free range.

That being said, I can confirm that the heated floor is working. In less than fifteen minutes, it brought the floor temperature up from 64 to 67 degrees.

So, since that is working, I need to move on and find something else to do. Perhaps I can offer my assistance to Susan who is painting the front porch.

I just removed the air conditioner in the kitchen. Now I need to stow it away. Then I will find another project.

The project I found next was helping Susan on the front porch. She painted the whole ceiling and has been working on a few little areas. She has wanted for some time to paint access stripes on the pillars. Today we did! We painted the rings at the top and bottom of the pillars. They are a nice burgundy, as you can see in the pictures.

We are heading up to visit Mom, who is still suffering chronic back pain. It's pretty frustrating to not be able to do anything to help her feel better.

After Mom, we are having dinner at Webster's. They have all their menu items priced at $6 on Sundays. Plus, they have $2.00 PBR's, so it's very classy.


No comments: