Saturday, May 14, 2011

A Day of Accomplishmentation

It is just after nine in the morning and I am preparing for a day of accomplishment. Won't you join me?
First off, I have to turn off the computer and pull the CD/DVD player. It does not work and I need a new one. So I'm going to pull the old one out and make sure I get the right new one.

While I'm out, I'm going to "the Depot" to get some trim for item number one on "The List".

My third item to do while I'm out is to stop at the Farmers Market and check out my friend Brian's booth. He's in the coffee biz and he has a booth there. I may be helping him out during the summer by working the booth for him. I'll be checking that out and while it is the third item on this "to do" list, it's my first stop today.

Later in the Day:


Here is a shot of Brian's booth at the Public Market. It wasn't really busy but he was selling some coffee. I'm going to go down there again in two weeks and help man the booth.




I left the Market after about an hour and headed for the Home Depot to get the trim in need to fix Item Number One on "The List"!
I ended up going to three places, ending with Windsor Plywood, before I got the trim...and it isn't a match of the old stuff. It's close, but not quite. It has the same profile but it is about a quarter inch short in the width.
I had to replace a long string of the trim in order for it to look right. Now it looks right and I have officially crossed of the first item on the "The List!"
While I toiled in the lovely spring day, Susan continued hanging paper and is almost to the end. Tomorrow she is attempting the 45 degrees angled wall above the arch. That will be tense!

I bought the SuperStan-Climat-O-Tron 2000 a couple of years ago. It's my bitchin' Weather Station that I have in the kitchen. I put the collectors up on the roof and have pretty much left it alone. I had to climb the roof today to replace the batteries in the various Weather Apparati. It is all back together and running well so I am happy.

It looks like I got the Climat-O-Tron back on line just in time. The wind is starting to increase and the are some dark clouds approaching form the west. I'll have great data to share and this storm will live in Blogging History.

Yeah, I don't feel very self-important.

And then there is the DVD/CD player. There doesn't apper to be anything wrong with it now so I didn't need to get a new one...at least for now.

No comments: