Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Weekend Roundup

Welcome to the Memorial Day Weekend Wrap Up. It is the traditional start of Summer, the end of rain and of course, it rained!

We did a bunch of stuff this weekend and none of it was in honor of those who died to bring us Liberty. For that, we are ashamed and we clearly do not deserve the freedoms we so cavalierly enjoy.

So now I will talk about how we used our freedom.

Saturday I started a new job which will last me for the summer. I am working a booth at the Farmers Market for my friend Brian. He is in the coffee game and wants a presence at this market. I will work from 7 to 1 and hopefully make around $75.00 to $100.00 a day.

We will see how that goes.

I returned home to find Phil hard at work on the deck. It is mostly done at this point with just some minor items to complete.
Susan had to work on Saturday night so our interaction together was very limited. I tried to do some stuff with the trim around the stairs but screwed up all the wood I bought. I'm having a very difficult time making this all come together properly.

On Sunday we did some yard work, concentrating on the Arbor Vitae. They needed some serious tending to. I'm going to have to call my trimming guy and have him give them a clip.

We ended the day with our first trip of the year to Arbor Crest Winery for some music and wine and picnicking. Our friend Mark joined us. It was a mostly nice evening but got cold when the sun went down. Below is a picture of the rebuilt Riblet Mansion on the grounds of the Winery.
 After we had our fill of Arbor Crest, we returned home and enjoyed a lovely Stump Fire. The stump is of course long gone but I managed to pile a lot of debris onto the stump fire area and we had a wonderful time.
Susan finally had to excuse herself about 10:30 and stagger to bed. Mark and I remained out for another hour or so and then squelched the fire and called it a night. We did a very good job of consuming the debris pile.

Today we got up and I went out to buy three more boards for the new decking. We were just short of having enough to finish the stairs.

Susan then did some work upstairs on the new bookshelf while I removed trim on the main floor in the start of the next phase in the continuing saga of completing the entryway.

I shall now conclude with a note saying that the Volley Ballers have returned. We have not approached them yet.

No comments: