Thursday, May 19, 2011

Hops Growth

The nice weather has returned after a couple of torrential days. It rained over three quarters of an inch from Monday through Tuesday. It's nice to not have to water but it would also be nice to be outside. I have a deck to resurface for crying out loud!

I took a specific measurement on the hops yesterday in order to get an accurate reading for one day of growth. It grew four inches.

It's pretty amazing to watch this stuff grow. It seems you can actually watch it, which must be a huge part of down time in the Columbia Valley.

I realized (again) that it can be a mistake to fertilize. The lawn is really growing. All the rain has helped, I'm sure but the fertilizer contributed greatly as well. I'm close to having to mow every five days...which will be a drag if that comes to pass. I have a deck to resurface for the Love of Pete!

It's Bike to Work Week and I haven't taken part yet. I'll get it in tomorrow for sure. I tried today but realized I had too much to do at lunch time.

There is just so little time and so much deck to resurface for the sake of Christ, who died on the cross for our sins!

No comments: