Monday, January 30, 2017

Century Link Appointment Number Fi5e

I have been unable to post all weekend because the CenturyLink C.F. continues in full bloom. We had a Saturday appointment between 8:15 and 12:30 for a technician to come to the house and solve the problem.

At 12:48, I was calling CenturyLink, only to find out that a technician completed the work and had moved on to his next assignment of neglect.

At that point, I became quite cross with Nina and asked her to explain to me the CenturyLink definition of "Completed Work". 

I ended up spending an hour on the phone with Nina (which I recorded) and I still have no internet. What I do have is an appointment for today from 1:00 to 6:00 for a technician to come the house and solve the problem. 

I will say that Nina was very helpful and apologetic but ultimately, no help.

So I am in to work early this morning and I will be leaving early to be at the house at 1:00 straight up for the technician to come by the house and solve the problem.

Oh! Here's one other little complication to throw into the CenturyLink C.F. batter. I turned on my phone this morning and put it in the inner pocket of my jacket. As I was walking out to the car, I heard something coming from the phone. I pulled it out and watched the end of a video promoting an up coming World Wrestling Smackdown Extravaganza event. 

The way my phone is set up, that would only play on there if the internet was working. I ran back inside and up to the modem, and sure enough, everything was lit up as it was supposed to be and the internet was connected to the rest of the world.

I am not planning on canceling this appointment. I want someone there to check the lines and make sure EVERYTHING works...and not just for the first 15 minutes after the tech leaves.

I shall update as appropriate!

3:22PM: It is now appropriate. It appears the problem has been fixed but not completely solved. The main thing is that the internet is on in the Burke house.

I just talked to the tech a little bit ago and he said he mostly had it fixed but a Cable tech was going to have to come and that would not happen until tomorrow. However, no need for me to miss any more work.

The thing is, he told me exactly what the other tech told me on Thursday, and what they told me again on Saturday. The problem is at the box. 

I told the guy they don't communicate with each other very well. He said that is their running joke.

No comments: