Monday, January 09, 2017

Monday Morning Snow Blues

So it snowed pretty much all through the night and was still coming down very lightly when I got up at 5:45.

I heard my neighbor Lou already at it with his snow blower so I knew I had to get out there get my blowing done.

I was out there for about 45 minutes and I'll be back out there tonight. I estimate we received a good solid five inches. Here's a look at the snow depth.
With what we had on the ground and the new snow that fell, the total snow on the ground at Waverly and Wall is now estimated at 16 inches. I'll try to see if I can find a pristine spot in the yard where I can measure snow depth accurately. 

With the snowing, the blowing and the traffic, I made it to work 8 minutes late.

The good news is my knee is getting better and it really hasn't been an issue when I'm out with the snow blower. I would imagine it would become an issue if I slipped or strained it, but that has not happened, thankfully, yet.

I would like to say one nice thing about having radiators as our main source of heat.
They are great for coat warmers and glove warmers. There is nothing better than pulling on a warm coat that has been gently roasted on the radiator.
The snow continues to fall here at work and my break is nearly over. I guess I had better get back to the grind.

I'm on lunch right now and the snow has continued all morning. I have not looked at the forecast so I don't know how much longer this is expected.

All I know is I'll be out there tonight once I get home from work.

No comments: