Sunday, January 01, 2017

The New World of Movies

Movies have changed!

Susan and I do not attend movies. We just never seem to be able to find the time. We were both trying to figure out the last time we saw a movie and the only thing I can remember was New Years Eve two years ago. I don't even remember the name of the movie but it was a depressing one about a guy who got captured by the Japs in WWII and held in a prison camp. We thought it was an okay movie but we were looking for a fun movie.

I bring this up because a fun movie is what we had in mind for New Years Eve this year. We didn't go last year because we got to the theater too late and would have been looking straight up at the screen.

Movies have changed! In order to avoid the front row, I went on line with my new smart phone and pre-ordered tickets. The best I could do was Row F. That's like five rows back from the screen. Well, if that's the best I could do, then that will have to do. I was even able to pick the seats. That's new...at least to me.

The movie we wanted to see was a light comedy called "Why Him?" starring James Franco, Bryan Cranston and Megan Mulally. 

I had a little problem ordering the tickets. I ended up ordering two sets of tickets and then returning one of the sets, which still cost me $4.00 for the convenience of it all.

We met Mark at the theater and the only proof we had of purchasing tickets was a QR Code on my new smart phone. I was really hoping I would be able to call it back up. Fortunately, I made it happen. We got into the theater and found our particular auditorium. 

We walked in and it was very small...maybe 50 seats, and about half full. We walked up the stairs to find Row F and to my surprise, it was the very last row. In the row was a whole line of these giant plush recliners. IT WAS FABULOUS! 

Movies have changed!

No comments: