Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Mo' Sno'

I am very happy with my snow blowing work I performed last night after I got home from work. I was out there for about an hour.

The tough part of the job was doing the alley. The snow was deep and thick. I also did the street in front of our driveway. Again, the snow was deep and thick and churned up by the traffic. 

We are waiting for the plows to come.  We have been notified that they are coming but the 64 thousand dollar question is when. The question is complicated by the fact that it is snowing again right now. If, like me, you follow the old Indian adage of "Little Snow, Big Snow", we are in for a few more inches on the ground. The flakes that are falling are very small which means there will be a lot of them. Possibly more than a million, per square inch.

The extra snow will divert the plows from coming to the residential streets and put them back on clearing the main streets...which is as it should be.

I have always strived to behave as though I do not depend on the government. I have to for garbage and water but I am not going to wait around for the city to plow my street, clean my street, or do anything other than pave my street.

If our streets are unplowed on Saturday, I'll be out there trying to clear the curbs.

No comments: