Monday, January 02, 2017

The Second Day of the Rest of the Year

Here we are at the second day of the year and I am posting again. I'm posting a thousand so far. Too bad it's not helpful, informational or entertaining.

The forecasting people at the various weather predicting services have been telling us for days that there is deep freeze coming. It finally appears that they are right. It is 15 degrees outside right now. It is supposed to get colder and stay cold for the next few days.

Despite the weather, we have had a productive day. We got up this morning and met our friends Chuck and Maggie at Dolly's Cafe. Susan and I split an Eggs Benny which was just perfect for starting the day.

We returned home and got Susan's studded snow tires out of the garage. With a good ten inches of snow on the ground, her car needs the extra little umph that studs provide. She went over to the local tire place to get that taken care of. I offered to change them myself but she had other plans for me.

I got to work installing the shower surround in the bathroom. I started at 11 and finished about 4. I think it was four, that's when I left for the Hub.

It took me forever. I was very unfamiliar with this set up so I took it very slowly. I also had the added stress of drilling into our pristine tile installation. One wrong move and I could really screw it up.

Fortunately, it all went fairly smooth. I taped the instructions up on the wall and followed them slowly and carefully. I had to throw on my glasses at several points in order to really drill down on what the instruction was trying to instruct on me.

But, it appears that all is well. The only thing left to do is caulking the sides and the base. I started the process already with white caulk but Susan was quite adamant that the caulking should be clear.

Nonetheless, I'm happy with the results.

No comments: