Saturday, January 28, 2017

Thursday with Century Link

When last we left the CenturyLink F-up, they had told me that the problem was with the cable and they would handle it and I would not have to be at the house.

While at work on Thursday, I got a call about 1:15 from a CenturyLink Tech who said he was about 15 minutes away from the house. I explained what I had been told by HIS company and he said that he thought he needed to get in the house if he could not do the work at the pole. Then he mentioned he could not do the work at the pole because it had been redflagged. (A diligent reader who is keeping track would remember a new pole was planted in the alley several months ago. It has blossomed into a magnificent pole where most of the wire harnesses have been moved, except for anything to do with the phone. It's on the old pole,The one that is now dangerous to climb, hence the "redflag".)

So the tech went back and forth between the basement and a junction box down the block. He finally fixed the static on the phone line but 15 minutes after he left, the internet was down again.

So I called in again and managed to wrangle an appointment for Saturday morning between 8:15AM and 12:30PM.

I can't wait to see what happens next!


No comments: