Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Half a Plow

When I drove into the neighborhood last night, I was hoping to see the city plows had visited us. No such luck! Waverly Place was thick and chunky with snow. When I turned on to Wall Street, the street our driveway is on, the road was clear of chunks. As I approached the driveway, I realized the street was full of chunks past the driveway. 

I parked the car and walked out to the street to get a better look. It looked like someone with a blade on their truck has plowed the northern half the street.

After going in and getting settled a bit, I returned to the driveway to break out the snow blower and manicure the little bit of snow that fell yesterday.

My neighbor Lou showed up after a while and I asked him if he had hired someone with a blade to plow the street. He said that James had cleared the street with Lou's snow blower.

(James and Shelby live in the upstairs portion of Lou and Tammy's house.)

That is an impressive effort as the snow in the streets is very heavy and the snow blowing would be very slow going.

So...we continue to wait for the city to come down the street with the big manly blades and clean up the neighborhood. Lou said we are at the bottom of the list. I checked the official city plow map and he is absolutely correct. We are in Group 11 and it is listed last.

No comments: