Saturday, January 07, 2017

Saturday Chores

The deep freeze continues. It was 6 degrees when I got up at 8. It's now up in the 20's. 
I managed to go out at get my car over to Les Schwab and get a tire fixed. It had a slow leak that turned out to be a screw. I was there for about an hour and a half. While I was waiting, I would have liked to go somewhere and have lunch or something, but there was nothing in the immediate area. I was not going to go out in these chilly temperatures. 

I am willing to admit that I am a wimp but the added feature to my aura today is my achy gout knee. It's really stiff today and makes every movement  difficult. Plus, I'm wearing a heart monitor and that's kind of a hassle to have it hanging off me.

Anyway, I finally got my car back ($18.00) and the guy mentioned it pretty much time to get new tires ($600.00). I agreed but I'm not quite ready yet.

My other main errand was to get to the Health Food store and get some cherry juice. I'm in the process of drinking my weight in Cherry juice in order to get rid of the gout. It goes well with vodka.

Okay, I am off the heart monitor now. My 48 hours ended at 2:32.

I'm going to go out and get to work removing Christmas lights.

Okay, Phase One of Christmas light removal is complete. I have three zones. The lower front porch, which I just completed, the upstairs balcony, and the back deck. The back deck is next on the agenda but not yet. Old Man Stan needs a break.

My break extended well into the evening. I was just feeling tired, run down and not all that great. So I parked myself on the couch and dozed through the Seahawks game. I stirred about 7 and changed the channel to watch Gonzaga but I couldn't find it. After some research on the interweb, I learned that the game had been canceled due to inclement weather in Portland.

No comments: