Saturday, January 14, 2017

Eight Degrees of Warmth

It is a sunny and chilly Saturday in Spokaloo. I read 8 degrees at the moment.

It is a big day for us televisionally because we are switching from the DirecTV to the Dish TV. Warren is here now and installing the new Dish dish. The reason for the change is a savings of about 40 bucks a month, locked in for two years. Plus, we get "the Hopper". That means we have the DVR machine but we can watch recorded shows on any TV. With DirecTV, we could only watch DVR'd shows in the TV Room, where we never watch TV. (It really is an awkwardly named room.) We also have three months of premium movie channels and since we have the DVR with lots of storage, we are going to record the shit out of movies.

Another perk is that we now have access to Netflix through the TV rather than my old computer with the old set up.

I received paperwork from the state yesterday declaring my car is totaled and therefore, not legal to drive. I need to get the title re-issued and I only have until 1:00 to do it. The Licensing offices are closed after 1 on Sats.

However, I really need to wait for Warren to finish his work.

While Warren is toiling away, I worked on a little project. It's really fixing a screw up I did when installing the shower surround.
Here is the shower. Please to notice to handle on the door.
It is installed incorrectly...upside down.
My task is to turn it around. It's an easy fix except for the part of all the little extra beauty doodads that require an extra set of hands to put it together.

Warren is making great progress and the TV looks like it is connected and downloading info.

Now I have to make the unfortunate call to DirecTV and cancel my account.

It is now almost 3:30 and we are watching the Seattle Seahawks play the Atlanta Falcons. Atlanta just scored in the third quarter making the score 26 to 10.

The Dish Network is now successfully installed and operating well. 

During the halftime festivities, we went upstairs and removed the last vestige of Christmas, the lights up on the balcony. Following that task, I went outside to tackle this rascal.
I wasn't especially worried about it other than the weight of it hanging off the house. It has now been knocked down and no longer considered a threat to the neighborhood.

The Seahawks have lost. Now, Susan and I will switch to rooting for the Green Bays for the remainder of the playoff season.

In the meantime, I am now concerned for any of the teams I root for. The game coming up is the Gonzaga Bulldoogies against the St. Mary's Gaels.

They play in about two hours and the big deal about this game is that St. Mary's is traditionally Gonzaga's stiffest competition. The Zags are 16-0 so they are having a GREEEEEEEAT season start. Hopefully, that streak continues.

No comments: