Sunday, January 08, 2017

Snowy Sunday

We rise out of the freezing temps only to have something else fall. Snow! It looks like a couple of inches. I'll have to take care of my D.S.R.A. after church.

One thing that has been on my mind is how much energy we were using to keep warm during that cold spell. I'm not concerned because of Global Warming or my carbon foot print. Hell, we have access to all the power we want and I'm going to use it. I'm concerned about the cost. I will bet we are in for a $500 month. The bill will be coming out in a couple of days. We shall see.

It is approaching 12:30. we have returned from church and I have got my snow blowing in. I feel guilt because I did not do the alley. I have always done the alley because that's where I blew the snow in the driveway. I felt it was only fair to clear an area I desecrated.

Today however, I blew the driveway snow into the Arbor Vitae and then out into the street on my final pass. My impotent excuse for not doing the alley is because of my gout knee. I'm sure I'm going to come to regret not blowing the alley.

More snow is in the forecast so perhaps I'll make up for my impropriety.

3:25PM: The snow has returned and it is coming down in a healthy fashion. I would say there is almost half an inch of the fresh stuff since it started about two.

I'm hoping it will come to an end so I can get in another round of snow blowing tonight. I hate firing up the snow blower a 6AM and making the rounds.
I just went outside to take this picture to try and catch a little flavor of the snowy winter wonderland in which we live. There is indeed a half inch on the ground and it continues to fall. The forecast calls for 3 to 5 inches.

It is now 9:00 and it is still snowing.

Looks like I'll be revving up the snow blower at 6AM.

No comments: