Sunday, December 28, 2008

631 Meltdown

With the temperatures up in the 40's, it felt like short sleeve and bermuda shorts weather. It gave us a good chance to get caught up on snow maintenance details.

My first detail of snow maintenance concerned the evil forces of ice. Normally benign and satisfying when in your drink, but vile and pernishous when hanging off your roof. The rule to follow then is, Ice in Glass: Good! Ice on Roof: Bad!

I would like to announce that I am victorious over the Voluminously Monumental and Herculean Icicle. It took some doing and I had to sacrifice a mediocre Made in China chisel, but I have come out the victor.
Another detail of snow maintenance involved the shoveling of the roof. I am also happy to announce satisfactory progress in that area. I did indeed climb up on the roof and did some snow removal. The main area I concentrated on was where the Jumbo Ice Cube hung. I cleared away the snow and ice at the edge of the roof which allowed a great lake of water to cascade to the ground below.

In interior snow maintenance details, I am pleased to announce that Susan is victorious in her struggle with the forces of uninvited dampness. She has successfully repaired one panel in the dining room ceiling and is working on the other. The second panel has a bit more damage. It pretty much fell away from the ceiling when we removed the trim holding it in place. However, now that it is down, it should be easier to work on and repair.
The official snow fall for December now stands at 51 inches. I think more snow is forecast for tonight but I am doubting whether they really know.

Now that this Global Warming thing has made its point, it will soon be time to turn back to Winter Freezing. In fact, it's happening right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sad to see the damage :( But glad to see you both victorious over that icy evilness. :) We share your pain as we're battling a similar chilling monolith splitting a roof valley overhang.

Bad, BAD, ice!

Mike :)