Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Witches of Carriage Ride 2009

Finally! A day to sleep in. All the way until 10:00. You have to take advantage of these days when they present themselves.

There is much to accomplish today as we have a Carriage Ride at six and a few people coming by.

10:35AM: First order of business is to get my hat.
10:45AM: Next, I'm off to get a Christmas Tree. Susan is off on secret missions of her own.

11:50AM: I have returned fifty bucks lighter with a Se7en Footer.
I got the tree on the stand and left it outside for Susan to do her magical "frosting of the tree."

In the meantime I saw Lou across the street at the Bed & Breakfast. I assumed that he was setting out the fire pits for tonight. Instead, he brought out a sawhorse and leaned this sign against it.
What a Bummer! The Carriage Ride was canceled because of those Witches and their Tits. I am really disappointed but I'm also kind of relieved. I know Susan will be relieved after she gets over the disappointment too. And I can't say I blame them either. It is about ten degrees out right now and if you run out to the car to get something without a coat, the cold goes right through your mesh tank top muscle shirt.

I think there is some karma happening here because last year's Carriage Ride was such a perfect night. The reason I remember is because I looked back in the Ole Blog to see what I wrote last year. It was great to have that reference and suddenly remember what a really great night it was. Just another example of the advantages of living in the blogisphere.

I was surprised to see how little I wrote and how few pictures I had.

I wanted to take the time to commend and spotlight my neighbor, Andy. He really goes all out and puts on a great little party at his house. I should have gotten a picture of the inside of his tent. It's carpeted and warmed with a wood fired heater. They have lots of great treats and have a pretty large gathering. He still plans on a party for tonight. But it will be centered inside this year.1:24PM: Susan has returned and I have told her the bad news. She's reacting just as I did. Disappointment followed by realization and then re-organization. Well, now it is time to get going on decorating the tree.

6:35PM: We have re-directed our efforts for the day and are having a nice quiet day in with some decorating on the side. We have the tree up and in doing so, have completed our festive decorating. It seems like everyone got the message as I see very little activity around the park. We may take a quick visit to some neighbors if we can take the cold.

Later: No visits. We just stayed in and had a lovely smoked turkey and Cocoa with Peppermint Schnapps. Below is our finished tree with the train chugging around it. We are officially Festive!

No comments: