Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Just Say NO to the Cold

I have decided that if I have nothing to write other than how cold it is, I won't write anything.









Um...how 'bout them Seahawks!? I'll bet they don't like the cold.

Oh to Hell with it. We are living in intensely cold times and I'm going to comment on it.

There was no temperature when I left the house this morning. Really! I looked at the Weather Station StanThousandTM and there was no outdoor temp. It said Zero!

I have also noticed that I'm not getting any reading from my wind speed indicator. I was looking it on Sunday and could not see the dealie-thingy spinning. It might very well be frozen. I'll have to climb up on the roof to thaw it. That should also give me an interesting story to relay here. It will start out with, "I was confused when I woke up in the hospital." At least it will be a story not directly related to the cold.

I'm not looking forward to next month's utility bill. I cranked up the furnace just to keep the basement a bit warmer. I do not want to have to thaw pipes. There have already been a couple of house fires from people taking torches to frozen pipes.

And I am still waiting for my first opportunity to fire up the Snow Blower. It seems that it is just too cold to snow.

I have added a couple of hit counters to the Blog but I don't think they are working properly. I haven't gotten all these high-fallutin techy tools figured out. I wanted to have one that gave me a hit when I got a new person visiting the site and a seperate one for every hit whether it's a new visit or not. But I think the Unique Counter counts me every day.

Oh well, like I said, I'm still trying to figure all this out. I'm just as happy to write and then be able to refer back to stuff. For instance, a year ago I was writing about all the snow on the ground.

I would like to add that it is nice to be able to come home at night and not have to run out and paint somewhere. I am far too lazy a person to be working that hard.

No comments: