Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Pillar of Sun

We had a brief break in the snowfall on Monday and it actually cleared enough to let the sun shine through for a while. I managed to catch a photograph of the most unusual sunset I have ever seen. See what you think.It really looked like a pillar of light beaming into the sky. It was most irregular and very striking. I took the picture while entering the freeway at Liberty Lake. I would love to know what sort of refractive properties are at work here. That beam of light from the setting sun seemed to reach straight up into the sky.

It's Christmas Eve and the snow is still coming down. I expect to clear off 5-8 inches of snow in the morning. that is on top of the few inches I removed today. That will give us about 36 inches of snow in just over a weeks time.

I don't know who it was that prayed for a White Christmas, but I would like to shake their hand.

No comments: