Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The End of Painting 2008

We is doing the Happy Dance cuz we iz DUN PAINTIN!

It seems like we have been painting skywalks forever. In truth, it has been exactly two weeks. Nonetheless, I am going to remember the feeling we had tonight when we stepped into the elevator after having finished that last skywalk. It was fabulous! We both looked at each other and were swept over with this great feeling of accomplishment and completion. I can't describe it better than that. Wait! Yes I can.

Back in the last century, when I was in college, I spent a night in jail with some buddies after a long and drunken night drinking "Derailers" at the Iron Horse Bar & Grill in Coeur d'Alene. We were stuck in jail all day. Add to that the worst hangover in the world and a crazy guy named Marvin reading scripture. We went to court at about one o'clock. We were arraigned and set free on our own recognisance.

That feeling of stepping out of jail, walking across the lawn of the courthouse, free to go and do whatever we wanted was exactly how I felt tonight on that elevator.

So now, the question is...what will we do with this new found freedom!? I think we shall go have a drink. I wonder if the Iron Horse is open right now.

No comments: