Friday, December 05, 2008

Working @ Work (What a Concept!)

I did some work at my place of employment today that I am particularly pleased with and want to spotlight here. It's not often that I perform work at my place of employment and even less frequent when I am pleased by it. So it's really worth calling attention to.

I applied vinyl graphics to a vehicle for one of our clients. This is one of the many things we do and I have done many vehicles in the past. So that in itself is not terribly noteworthy.

I have never considered myself very adept at applying vehicle graphics. There are some things I will do and have little, if no trouble with. But larger graphics that cover a big area of the vehicle or a full wrap of a vehicle always make me nervous and give me fits.

We normally hire an outside installer who is very good and has pulled my ass out of many an ugly installation.

But I want to get better at it and I am challenging myself to take on more and more of these elaborate installs.

The install today was not elaborate by any means but it did entail fitting the vinyl around a door handle, which is one of the things that has given me fits in the past. Below is a picture of the handle with the stripe placed neatly around it.


I am so proud!

Of course, any install of this nature is not a solo performance and I would like to acknowledge and thank Don for his help and his sage suggestions, most of which I followed.

No comments: