Sunday, December 07, 2008

Decorations on P.H.D.

I discovered this morning that I had miscalculated the number of skywalks we are decorating this season. I was hoping we would get two finished today and then finish up the last one tomorrow. But then I realized we had another skywalk that I had not figured into our schedule.

And of course, we did not complete two today, only one. A big one. It crosses Riverside Avenue, one of the main drags through downtown, so it's a long one with lots of windows. Fifteen panels for each of us to cover in paint.

That means that we still have three skywalks to finish which in turn means that there is no television watching for Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. That requires some recording of shows cuz there's some good stuff on this week.

We finished after about five and a half hours and that was enough painting for one day. Besides, we still haven't gotten our Christmas Decorations up at the house and here it is, Pearl Harbor Day. (P.H.D.)

So, we got home and began work on our own different decorating projects. Susan put up her Christmas Village on the mantle and I got the lights up on the house. She had a great time designing her village and listening to Christmas music. I'm not quite finished with the lights but I made great progress.

We had a bit of a malfunction with the Christmas music. I loaded up the CD player with a bunch of Christmas CD's. I put it on Random Play and went off the string lights. After a couple of songs, the music stopped. Upon investigation, the CD player was jammed. It would not play and it would not open up. So now, I've got the majority of our Christmas CD's locked up in a broken CD player. We had to settle for John Tesh on the radio playing Holiday favorites. That kind of blows! I guess we may be asking Santa for a new CD player.

Another malfunction involved Christmas lights. I have two strings of the cool expensive computerized twinkling lights and neither string works. One string has partial ignition with every third light working. The other is dead. I checked the fuses in the plug and they appear to be incredibly small. My eyes aren't working as well as they used to so I can't see if they're any good or not.

I would like to say a word about how much I ROCK! I was very pleased with myself as I unraveled each carefully bundled string of lights. There was no fighting with tangled wires and it went so well, I was finished before I even knew it. I had labeled certain strings of light so as to delineate their proper place in the grand scheme of our Christmas plan. It was fabulous and I am very pleased with me...and therefore Iraq!

No comments: