Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Getting Ready for the Solstice

With the arrival of the Solstice this weekend, perhaps we will start to get higher temperatures because of the longer days.

I got home yesterday before sunset and was able to scramble up on the roof to inspect my weather gathering instruments. It looks like my Anemometer needs to be replaced. The Wind Direction Indicator is working but the Wind Speed Spinner is not spinning. I got on the Weather Station website and a replacement Anemometer will cost about $110.00. There are a couple of other components I've been wanting to add so by the time I'm done, it will be up to $200.00.

As I left the house this morning, it was just starting to snow. And this was little snow so you know what that means. It means I'm finally going to get the chance to fire up the snow blower.

And finally, a word about the resilience of cats. Poor Willy got left outside all night. It was 1 degree when I went to bed. It was up to nine this morning so it warmed up significantly. Well, Willy went outside sometime during the night. I am willing to accept the blame because I'm usually the one letting cats out. I'm the outty and Susan is the inny...and that is true with so much about us.

Anyway, neither of us noticed until this morning that Willy was not around. He came bounding in at the first call to him and he didn't seem all that miserable. However, I'm betting he's really pissed and being really pissed all over the house right about now.

No comments: