Thursday, December 04, 2008

A Night off from Skywalks

Susan had to work at the Arena last night and I decided to take a night off from painting to try and recover from this cold that has its grip on me. But I didn't just sit around the house swilling warmed brandy. It was whisky. We were out of brandy.

But I also made some impressive progress on staple removal. I bought some vice-grips yesterday and they proved to be the magic wand I needed to make this process easier. I still broke off a lot of staple heads and I still had to be down on the floor on my knees hunched over the work area. But with vice-grips, I didn't have to squeeze the living hell out of the handle as I rolled the pliers forward and pulled the staples out. In short, my hands are not going numb this morning.

I got a long row of staples out and it took about three hours.

Tonight it is back to the skywalks. I have to get caught up with Susan. She did one last Saturday while I was bartending. She has to work again tonight so I will be doing it solo. Tonight I am working in a skywalk that goes to the STA Bus Plaza. The trick with these skywalks is to put up as little paint as possible. The fabulous people who make up a portion of the bus riding public feel compelled to scratch their own improvisational artwork into what we put up. It usually involves swastikas and crude language.

No comments: