Monday, December 22, 2008

Another Day in Winter Wonderland

5:49AM It has been snowing since yesterday afternoon. I am just about to head out and do my morning blow. I'll be back with details after I have finished the morning blow.

7:58AM I have just made it to work after delivering Susan to her office. It's Hell out there!

Actually, everything has gone pretty smoothly this morning. The plows came by some time during the night so I had a hefty berm to remove from the street in front of the driveway. I opened a space big enough to get my car through and then proceeded to blow off the driveway and the sidewalk.

I'll have to finish the rest tonight. And yes, it's still
S N O W I N G ! ! !

Noonish: I had to run out and get a 4'x6' piece of acrylic for a job I'm working on. While out, I went to a co-workers house to get her unstuck. With that mission accomplished I started to return to work. A couple of blocks down the road, I saw an old woman trying to clear her driveway. She was wearing a sweater and no gloves. I drove past but my good Samaritan streak got the best of me. I backed up and helped her finish clearing the driveway. She said she didn't have any gloves. How does someone live here and not have gloves?!

I certainly don't mind helping people during this on-going massive snow event. Especially people who are too infirmed to shovel the snow. I especially like helping people who are out there doing the work of shoveling, clearing, whatever. It's great to be plowing down the sidewalk, come upon someone trying to clear their driveway, and with two quick passes with my mighty blower, I clear the area for them. They say, "Oh Thank you so much! Here's my first born child."

But I am not too keen on the idea of helping those that are just too lazy to get out there and do it themselves. There are a couple of those houses around the block I have been tending to with my snow blower. If I wasn't clearing their sidewalk, it wouldn't get done. I'm not particularly predisposed to help. I don't even like clearing the sidewalk.

I make the first born children do that.

No comments: